I think they are fun and make buildings look quirky. Originally I was hoping to have giant ones, double the size of the windows I've ended up with, but unfortunately it all came down to cost.
To cut the windows out I first made a little jig to test my routing skills and if I'll be able to control the tool to get a smooth cut and it worked out pretty good.
So it was just a matter of scaling it up to the full size windows. It did take a while to cut 4 of them out, 2 sheets per window, but totally worth it.
I used polycarbonate for the window and hardboard to line the inside of the window. The insulation worked as a great cushioning. Now, I know this is not a traditional, master craftsman method of installing windows, but I can't stress enough the cost factor here.
I messed up a little bit here with my circumference calculations, but luckily the fix appeared to be seamless.
So here we are, the finished window. It really does fills me with joy!